Monday, August 3, 2009

Fast Summer...!!!

Summer, what do you think you are doing?? It's August already?? Everyone at work today was talking about how we all couldn't believe it, how the summer has gone too fast, we haven't had enough hot weather yet, etc... Why do we always need to be complaining about something? I know that I work with a bunch of government employees and it's definitely in their nature to find something to complain about. I am positive that if every day of this summer was 10 degrees warmer, the summer would suddenly become: TOO HOT, a sticky & humid one, miserably expensive because of high electricity bills due to keeping the air conditioning on, etc...

BAH!!!

Enough! This summer has been FANTASTIC! I know it's flying by, but gosh! isn't that what happens when you're having fun? Who the crap wants to complain about having FUN? I know there are things I would still like to do before the end of the summer that I probably won't get around to, but I refuse to think about what I didn't do and to focus on all the great stuff I did.

1. flew out to California
2. saw the Twins play more than once
3. watched my BFF get married
4. helped prepare for BFFs wedding!!
5. got to go out on the lake at least once so far
6. finished physical therapy!
7. fell asleep during a thunderstorm
8. helped plant a garden (does pulling weeds count?)
9. going to see the Brewers play in a couple weeks
10. got a rad tan
11. almost done with my first year at DCMA!!!
12. received awards for being a good employee!
13. got a super sweet boyfriend!

I could totally keep going! What a great summer, right? And I am keeping a full-time job going, too! Definitely didn't think that could happen (glad I was wrong about that).

Long story short: Summer 2009 rules. :)

Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them. Ps 111:2

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hannah!! I'm so glad you commented on my post because I had no idea that you had one of your own! Now I'm going to be sneaking a peak every so often to see how things are going for you. Glad this summer has been good to you, and I was happy to see you for part of it also! :)