Monday, June 22, 2009

Staying Cool...


Today it is sooo hot out. I couldn't sleep at all last night and I think I'll blame the heat. In spite of this, I still wore brown trousers + black short sleeved turtle neck + suspenders to work. The idea of wearing it came during my wide-awake middle-of-the-night-day-dreaming. It seemed like a good idea at the time. In my determination to go against the fashion faux pas of wearing black and brown, I found myself baking in the sun. I can't wait to take the train again so I can avoid that 100ยบ car.

My birthday was this past Friday and even though it was the most "adult" birthday I have ever had, it was a lot of fun. (Adult=no party, no cake, work, spending hours in an airport...) Kate got me a Jeff Buckley CD/DVD (love love love) and my parents got me a pair of real Ray-Ban Tortoise Shell Wayfarers (see photo).

I don't know about anyone else, but there are some things in life that never fail to make me feel cool. When I wear my Wayfarers it's like this instant self-confidence boost. It MAY have to do with the fact that I feel like Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe when I wear them... or the fact that my aunt said I reminded her of Raquel Welch (I shouldn't have to remind her that Welch is a Foster Grant girl... not Ray-Ban. ugh).

Other ways I am "staying cool"...

My temperature: changed out of turtleneck into shorts + tee shirt and opened the window

My attitude: wearing my 'Bans indoors while listening to Daniel Lanois and getting ready to head to the couch for a nap.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What about the Oakleys you had in high school? They're sad you've dropped them for Ray-Bans. You're funny :)